Wednesday, January 7, 2009

REVIT - Do we really need it?

Early this week I got a call from one of our Australian contact who has invited me to speak on Revit Implementation from the point of view of a Knowledge Partner. For this I have to submit a paper for approval from their panel. As I sat down to write my thoughts the first question that has come to my mind and from the feedback I have got from our clients over the past year is,
Do we really need Revit Implementation?
Our team has been really aggressive about Revit and how it is contributing to the BIM industry? We are personally marketing the use of the software with great belief because it is already changing the Construction Documentation process in the firms. Those who have started using it and have tested it capabalities swear by it. But, I have realised it's still a small percentage of the architecture firms and the industry has a long way to go. Brings me back to my question do we really need Revit?
Let me know your thoughts on it and how your firm has been taking to the software, I am sure your suggestions would help me with my paper ..........

1 comment:

  1. yes surely we need revit as its economic as well as more stable software as u cant possibally do any mistakes in the construction as it takes the elements as components such as vertical components as walls and columns etc with the capabilities limited to them whereas in 3ds max and other 3d softwares one doesnt know what the vertical and horizontal components are moreover what are there limitations

    ReplyDelete