Thursday, January 29, 2009

Etiquette Tips

Hi Everyone,
This is the Ist time I am writing on Obelisk Blog and will try to be a regular. I think it’s a good medium to share our views about any subject which we think matters us and our organization.
Continuing to what Danny has on Etiquette. I noticed that we as Indian don’t have a habit or Etiquette of wishing or greeting each other even though greeting people when you meet is the base level of politeness irrespective of you know them or not. All around the globe I have seen people wishing each other even though they have never met them or known them, may it be in the staircase, lift lobby and even on the streets. let start doing it in Obelisk. I have obsereved that our co-workers just enter the office go to our respected desks, logging and start working.
I think we should inculcate the habit of wishing people in Obelisk. I think same one can apply at his/her place aswell.
I would like all of the people to respond and act on the same.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Gautam and these basic courtesies need not be asked of or taught but are basic expectations. Let us greet everyone when we meet anyone for the first time in the day. I personally do not think there needs to be any reason of hesitation or feeling shy in doing this. So greetings to everyone and let the show begin..!! :-) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Hello, Namaste, Bonjour (French for Good Morning), How are you doing, Cheers, How is it going, are a few ways to greet your friends and office mates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gautam. Hz everything going? This is my first blog in Obelisk. I respect ur observations regarding the passion of greeting.
    I personally think it’s not for lack of anything. It just shows the quality of intellectual curiosity for engagement with life and learning from others
    But i would like to congratulate u as ur initiative has changed people a bit here. Now you can notice people wishing everybody at least in office premises. Hope every one of us should make a good habit of an active and passionately curious engagement with others everywhere.

    ReplyDelete